2014 has been a wonderful, fruitful and productive year for me.
I learned so much, I created a LOT of artwork, I made a lot of new friends, I have more inspiration and I hope I inspire more (thanks to Instagram).
Let me do a quick review of my 2014 creative projects:
- Project Life (2013 & 2014) – Still incomplete but my journaling is complete in Evernote. I also managed to make a lot of DIY journal / filler cards for my scrapbook
- Traditional scrapbooks – I was able to make several pages from pictures pre-Project Life
- Playdates – 6 glorious and fun art playdates with my Art Friends
- Lessons and Workshops
- Oprah’s Lifeclass – Brene Brown’s The Gifts of Imperfection (Parts 1 & 2) – taught me to: love my imperfections, allow myself to be vulnerable, journey towards wholeheartedness and finally made an art journal because of the course
- Ali Edward’s One Little Word – supposed to help me keep in touch with my word throughout the year (I only managed to participate in the first three months though)
- Make It Blissful’s Life Bliss Weekend – the best birthday present I gave myself. My greatest surprise was finding out that my life’s purpose has evolved. I was humbled to realize that I deserved my 2014 word (stewardship)
- Calligraphy Workshops: Ink Scribbler’s Scribble Workshop, Life After Breakfast’s Calligraphy and Lettering Workshop and La Bella Scrittura’s Copperplate Calligraphy Workshop – learned a new skill this year – yay! Loving lettering as much as doodling
- Photography: Make It Blissful’s Blog Your Best Shot (with Miaymarch) – I realized that there are more ways I can create art than using brush and paper. Admittedly, photo styling is still such a challenge for me
- Make it Blissful’s Blissful Blogging 2.0 (How to Get Rid of Blogging Burnout) – Ok, my blog posts are still not as regular as I want them to be but I learned a lot and you’ll be seeing some of the results of some of my learnings and some decisions within the year
- Piano lessons – just 3 lessons in all but had problems with my teachers (yes 2 teachers in 3 sessions, maybe its me?)
- Artwork – 2015 Calendar – DONE! (More on this on a separate post); more paintings; my first commissioned artwork (totally unexpected and unplanned); collaborative art with Bananabellieboo
- Bananabellieboo – So I wasn’t able to do a revamp this year but I’m working on it. I did create my Instagram account this year during the Blog Your Best Shot workshop. Discovered so many inspirations there!
It was a full year and admittedly there were some areas in my life that I took for granted. I want to be more intentional and focused for 2015. I dream of inspiring and encouraging more people to create and take care of their inner artists, I dream of sharing more with others. Here’s my page of my 2015 creative projects.
What about you? What are your creative dreams? Please share in the comments or Instagram (#2015creativedreams)