Its Art Playdate again! Yay!
It has been a couple of months since our last playdate. Was finally able to organize another one last weekend at Vanilla Cupcake Bakery, Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City.
An art playdate is a get together of friends and acquaintances just to create and PLAY. Art skills are not required. Neither are art stuff. It is time to practice, try something new, start, work on or complete a creative project.
These were just some of the toys I brought with me. (I usually get asked where I get my stuff so I might as well share the information here).
2. Uni Pin black pens (from any National Bookstore)
3. Cretacolor Ergonomic Lead Holder (from Fully Booked)
4. Zig Opaque Markers (from Gourdo’s Fort Strip)
5. Calligraphy nibs and nib holders ( I got these from the Life After Breakfast calligraphy and lettering workshop I attended a couple of months ago [www.lifeafterbreakfast.blogspot.com] You can also get these from Scribe -[www.facebook.com/ScribeWritingEssentials] or order online from Create by truelovefound [www.facebook.com/createbyTLF])
6. Various waterbrushes – I bought some of these in Art Friend in Singapore, Lasting Impression in San Juan (you can also order online – http://www.facebook.com/lastingimpressionph). I found Derwent waterbrushes in National Bookstore recently as well. Here’s a sample of some strokes from these brushes:
7. Pilot pocket brush pen (I got this from the same Life After Breakfast calligraphy and lettering workshop. You can order this from [www.jetpens.com/Brush-Pens/)
8. Sakura Pigma Brush Pen (Also from Life After Breakfast calligraphy and lettering workshop. I saw these in some National Bookstore branches. Otherwise, you can also order from Artmedia Trading – http://www.facebook.com/artmediatrading)
I also brought my Sakura Koi Coloring brush set which I got in a mall in Bangkok, Thailand. Sorry, I can’t remember the name of the store.
9. Smiggle gel pens – these are available in Smiggle Singapore but I actually ordered these on sale from Tiddlywinks (www.facebook.com/shoptiddlywinks)
Of course, I had my Sakura Koi Watercolors (18 colors) which I ordered online from Artmedia Trading.
I also brought some of my journals and sketchbooks:
2. Our Story Begins journal – my writing only journal for my morning pages and other reflections. Bought this on sale in Dimensione, Bonifacio High Street
3. Maruman Art Spiral sketchbook – specifically for my small watercolor paintings. Bought this is Kinokuniya, Singapore. Found these in NBC, Singapore as well.
The others brought their watercolors, watercolor paper, watercolor pencils, art journal and scrapbook papers. Here we are at play:
Some of our activities – reacquainting, learning new techniques with watercolor pencils, practicing watercolor painting (own illustration or copying patterns from scrapbook papers). Here are some of our finished projects (I was too engrossed, I forgot to take more pictures).
By Roselle (look at that very nice and very neat handwriting!) Can you believe that the last time she used watercolor pencils / watercolors was when she was in Grade School?
It was such a fun afternoon and it was great to meet new people. We even went on a “field trip” after our playdate – visit to Scribe in SM Aura to check out what they had on sale. hahaha
Looking forward to the next art playdate! Who wants to join me?